It's helpful to have something quick and healthy in your fridge ready to grab as you rush off to work or an appointment. You can relate to that I'm sure. With summer around the corner, a cold meal is welcome.
I love the combination or sweet and savory, and adding low-sugar fruits to a sandwich is both tasty and smart!
Waldorf Chicken (or Tofu) Salad
This salad will keep for 2 - 3 days.
Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 cups cooked organic Chicken, diced (or 2 cups grilled or barbecued Tofu for Vegan recipe)
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 medium organic Granny Smith Apples, unpeeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup organic Grapes (halved)
- 2 organic Celery Stalks, thinly sliced
- Shredded organic Green Leaf or Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- 2 Tbs. organic whole Cranberry Sauce (opt.)
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- Dash of Curry
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Serve on whole grain bread, Udi's Gluten Free Chia bread or atop salad greens.
~ To Your Health! ♥