The important thing about sauteing any foods is to keep the oil below burn point. Foods added to the oil should not 'sizzle' much. You want to aim for 7 cups of vegetables a day (4c. cooked). This recipe will yield 2-3 servings, more if you have a salad with your meal.
Hoda's Healthy Stir-fried Veggies
- 1 inch piece of Ginger, chopped
- 4 c. organic Broccoli, cut up
- 4 stalks organic Celery, cut up
- 1/2 White Onion, sliced thin
- 6 organic Green Onions, cut in 1 inch pieces with green tops
- 4 organic Carrots, cut up
- 1 organic Baby Bok Choy, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. Sesame oil mixed with 2 tsp. organic Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. Tamari or Soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 2 tsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Stevia or 1 tsp. Xylitol
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch mixed in 1/3 c. Water or Green Tea
Place a large saute pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour in the oil mixture. Wait another minute then add the ginger, stirring.
When it starts to wilt add all the veggies except the Bok Choy and garlic. Stir for a 3 -4 minutes, then cover, turn heat to low, and cook for 5 more minutes.
Add Bok Choy and stir to mix. Cover again for 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir.
Mix wet ingredients and add to pan, mixing with veggies for 2 minutes until they are all coated and sauce has thickened.
~ Enjoy. ♥