It's time to replace the old adage about "An Apple a Day" - with a new one -
"An Onion a Day"While it may not win you more friends, it will relieve inflammatory bowel conditions and boost immune function, break down certain cancer-causing compounds, reduce the body’s absorption of cholesterol, AND also fight fungus!
Chicken and Vidalia Onion CasserolePreheat oven to 350ºF, 175ºC.
- 4-5 Boneless Organic Free Range Chicken Breast halves, cut into quarters
- 1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cold-pressed organic Coconut Oil (to coat casserole)
- 3 organic Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4"
- 4 c. organic Vidalia Onions, chopped
- 3 c. organic Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. Almond Milk
- 2 Tbs. Brown Rice Flour
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- Sea Salt, Black Pepper, and Paprika, to taste
- Dash of Cayenne, opt.
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Over medium heat, lightly sauté chicken breasts in oil and drain on paper towel. Grease a 2-quart casserole with coconut oil. Mix milk, rice flour, Worcestershire sauce together. Layer sliced potatoes, onions, mushrooms and chicken. Top with milk mixture and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Cover tightly with lid or foil (not touching chicken) and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve with whole wheat bulgur, quinoa, or wild rice Pilaf. ~ To Your Health! ♥