This recipe looked and sounded so good I had to re-post! Will be making some tomorrow (if I remember to pick up a head of iceberg!)
RePosted from : http://vegetarianventures.com/
Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head of organic iceberg lettuce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 block firm tofu, drained and cut into small “match-like” sticks
- 1 organic carrot, cut into small “match-like” sticks
- 6 small organic mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Omega-3 egg
- 1/2 a head of red cabbage
- 2 organic spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups organic bean sprouts
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. teriyaki sauce
- dash of chili powder
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin organic olive oil
- dry roasted peanuts, for garnish
In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for a minute.
Next, add in the tofu, carrot, mushrooms, cabbage, and spring onions and saute another minute (if the pan gets try add a little water). Mix in the lime juice, soy sauce, chili powder and Teriyaki sauce.
Push ingredients to the side and crack the egg in the skillet. Stir quickly to break the yoke and then incorporate the egg with the rest of the mix. Once the egg is cooked, remove from heat and add in the bean sprouts.
Assemble by filling a whole piece of lettuce with 2 or 3 tablespoons of mixture and then sprinkle peanuts on top.
~ Bon Apetit! ♥