Here is a salad that I accidentally created today when I was trying to finish off some leftovers... it turned out to be amazingly Delicioso! Yesterday I cooked some sprouted lentils with onions as a quick version of Mjaddara(The Lebanese Lentil Mash dish). The sprouted version hold their shape much better, so not really as creamy as Mjaddara, but still very tasty.
Here is that recipe.
1. Hoda's Sprouted Lentils with Onion
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small organic white Onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. organic brown Rice
- 1-1/2 c. hot Green Tea (or boiling water)
- 2 c. sprouted organic Lentils
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
Place medium size pot over med heat for 1 minute. Add onions and saute for 2 minutes stirring occasionally, until lightly brown on edges.
Turn heat to med-low. Add olive oil and rice, stirring for another 2 minutes. Add water, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
Add lentils and salt, stirring to mix. Cover and simmer another 10 - 15 minutes, until rice is done and the water absorbed. You may need to add a little more water after adding lentils if too dry. There should be enough water at that point to soak but not cover the lentils.
Taste, and adjust salt seasoning.
So this was what I added to my Kale salad which had the following ingredients:
2. Kale, Tomato and Parsley Salad
- 3 c. organic Kale, chopped
- 1 organic Tomato, chopped
- 2 organic Green Onions, chopped
- 1 c. chopped organic Parsley
- 1/4 c. chopped organic Mint
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
Mix it all together.
Combine the two Salads in any ratio that pleases you.
P.S. I ate the combo before I had a chance to take a Photo! Will update next time I make this. ♥ :)