Dinner in a Flash
I had some left over Pasta noodles, zucchini and broccoli. I decided to toss them all together with a spicy sauce rich in antioxidants... due to the Garlic and Tomatoes (Lycopenes)... for a healthy and quick dinner.
Use any combination of veggies you have on hand.
- 2 c. whole wheat Rigatoni, cooked per directions (I use Fiber Gourmet brand, or Al Dente Carba) Substitute Brown Rice pasta for Wheat-Free version.
- 1/2. sun-dried Tomatoes in oil, chopped up in blender
- 1/4 c. hot Water
- 1/2 c. each lightly steamed Zucchini and Broccoli, bite size pieces
- 2 cloves organic Garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Red Chili Flakes (opt.)
- 1/4 c. organic flat leaf Parsley, chopped
Place pasta, tomatoes and water in a pan over medium heat. Stir.
Add veggies, garlic and spices. Cover and simmer over low heat until warm...about 10 minutes. Add parsley.
Serve with a small slice of Whole Grain bread (Udi't Millet or TJ's Flaxseed) sprinkled with virgin Olive Oil and organic Garlic Powder.
The two Breads mentioned above meet our Formula for 'Healthy Carbs'. ~ Buon Apetito! ♥