Minted Chocolate Tofu Mousse
So I was really in the mood for something decadent tasting last night. On my cancer diet that isn't as easy as it should be. Then I remembered messing around with whipped tofu a few months ago, and decided to tweak a tofu mousse I had come across.
I love the combination of mint and chocolate. If you don't, you can substitute orange zest or Rum extract for the mint!
- 10 oz. (1-1/4 c.) Silken Tofu
- 1 c. Dark Chocolate, in pieces (I used 72% dark)
- 1/4 c. organic raw Cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. Green tea or water
- 1 Tbs. Almond extract
- 1/2 c. Xylitol or 4-5 packets Stevia
- 1/4 c. fresh organic Mint leaves, chopped ( or 1 tsp. dry mint)
Place chocolate, cocoa, water, extract and sweetener in pot over medium-low heat (or in a double-boiler over simmering water). Stir until chocolate pieces melt and mixture is blended.
Remove from heat.
In food processor, whip tofu until smooth.
Add chocolate mixture and process until shiny and well blended. Add mint leaves and pulse 4 - 5 times just until mixed.
Scoop into dessert cups or bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Your mousse will be thick, rich and oh-so-good! Sprinkle additional chopped mint on top for garnish.
~ Bon Apetit! ♥