I wanted to make a non-dairy pudding using Chia seeds, since they are just like tapioca once add to liquid. I found a couple of recipes and tried one, but was not happy with the results. (Read about Chia Seeds here.) After an experiment or two I came up with an acceptable version!
Let me know how you find it!
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1/4 c. organic Almond Milk
- 3/4 c. Coconut Milk (canned)
- 2 packets Stevia or 1 Tbs. Xylitol (to taste)
- 1 small ripe Banana, mashed
- 3 ounces 75% or more Dark Chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbs. Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure Vanilla Extract (optional)
In a medium bowl, whisk Chia and almond milk, and let sit while you mix the rest of the ingredients.
Whip Coconut milk until thickened. Add sweetener and banana and mix well. Add melted chocolate, cocoa and vanilla and whisk to mix. Add Chia mixture and whisk again to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Stir pudding, ladle into glasses and garnish.
~ Chia cheers! ♥