They're easy to transport, easy to make, inspire creativity, and are fun to eat... I'm talking about Wraps.
This wrap integrates a North African ingredient with a tasty hummus (or you may substitute BBQ'd tofu) filling.
Mediterranean Chicken Wrap Recipe
Yield - 8 wraps
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat Couscous
- 1/2 c. chopped Almonds, toasted
- 1/2 c. golden Raisins
- 3 c. BBQ'd Tofu (opt.)
- 2 c. shredded organic Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Tbs. diced organic Red Onion
- 1/4 . extra virgin organic Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. organic Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 2 Tbs. chopped organic Parsley
- 1 tsp. grated Lemon peel
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat Pita Bread pockets, split into 8 rounds (or 8 whole wheat organic Tortillas)
- 1 c. Hummus
Cook couscous according to package directions.
In a medium bowl, gently combine couscous, almonds, raisins, tofu, lettuce and onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, cumin and lemon peel. Season with salt and pepper. Mix 1/4 cup dressing into couscous mixture.
To assemble wraps, lay bread split side up on work surface. Spread each with 2 tablespoons hummus. Spoon approximately 1/2 cup couscous mixture down center of each pita round.
Drizzle with 1 tablespoon dressing. Fold up bottom and then sides to wrap.
~ Sahtein! ♥