Ok, so how in the world can these cupcakes be ok with our anti-cancer diet? Well, we've upped the fiber by adding chia and flax seeds, and used cocoa powder with antioxidants, replaced the sugar with Xylitol, and used olive oil for the friendly fat.
I'm not saying you can sit down and eat 3 of these...but 1 cupcake is super ok!
For an extra smudge of goodness: Melt 10 oz. 75% dark chocolate in a double boiler, add 1 Tbs. almond or soy milk and 1 packet Stevia. Stir well and smear on the cupcakes as they reach room temperature.
- 3/4 rounded c. Sorghum flour
- 3/4 rounded c. Potato starch or tapioca starch
- 1/2 c. unsweetened raw Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 c. Chia seeds
- 1 Tbs. ground Flax seeds
- 3/4 c. Xylitol (or 3 packets Stevia)
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Omega-3 Egg (use 1 Tbs. Egg substitute of 2 Tbs. freshly ground Flaxseed for Vegan)
- 3 Tbs. virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. distilled Vinegar
- 1 c. warm Water or Green Tea or Decaf Coffee
Line a 12-c. cupcake pan with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350º F.
Whisk together the dry ingredients.
Add in the warm water (or tea or coffee), egg, chia seeds, oil, vanilla, and vinegar and beat until smooth. Beat for 2-3 minutes.
Scoop the batter into the 12 lined muffin tin cups.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack and let cool completely.
~To Your Health! ♥