Kale and Greens
medley bags from Trader Joe (baby kale, baby chard, baby spinach) and decided to create an Asian Style wrap filling using that and a few other ingredients.
I had a cup of soaked and sprouted mung beans in the fridge, and about a cup of sprouted lentils that I cooked with green tea, onion, cumin, salt and pepper. So here's what was born from this starter.
Kale, Greens and Bean Filling
- 5-6 cups mixed organic Greens (Kale, Chard, Spinach, Collards, Watercress, etc..)
- 2 tsp.organic extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 organic White onion, sliced thin
- 1 c. organic Carrots, shredded
- 1 c. cooked sprouted Lentils (cook in broth or green tea and spices to give it flavor)
- 1 c. Mung Beans, soaked overnight till sprouted
- 1/4 c. Water or Vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. organic Ginger, chopped
- 3 Tbs. Tamari Sauce (Gluten Free)
- 3 Tbs. Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 packet Stevia
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
Pour olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat, for 1 minute. Tilt pan to spread oil a little. Add onions and saute for 2 minutes, then add greens and carrots.
Stir for 5 -6 minutes or until greens turn bright.
Add Mung beans, lentils and water. Stir to mix. When it starts to simmer, turn heat to Low, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add ginger, and all seasonings.
Stir well, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender. Add a little more water if necessary.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve wrapped in wilted Chard leaf, whole grain Tortilla, or open face on whole wheat Pita bread. May also be served on top of wild rice or mixed in with buckwheat noodles!