This is my delicate, delicious Almond Citrus Cake topped with Lime-Coconut Cream and fruit of your choice.
Make 1 recipe of the Almond Citrus Cake, and bake in a 9" Springform pan.
While it cools, make the topping.
- 1 15oz. can Coconut Cream (not milk)
- 1-1/2 Tbs. Lime juice or 1 tsp. organic Lime zest (optional)
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla extract (2 tsp. if you don't use Lime)
- 2 Tbs. Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 c. toasted Cashews or Hazelnuts, crushed
Refrigerate can of Cream upside-down, for at least 3 hours or overnight.
When ready to use... flip can back upright, and open. Any liquid should be floating on top. Drain the liquid carefully using the lid, so you don't lose any cream.
- In a dry metal bowl, beat cream with mixer for about 3-4 minutes or until it thickens and holds soft peaks.
- Add the lime juice and extract and beat another minute.
- Add maple syrup and beat again, until the consistency is what you desire.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour. The cream will thicken considerable when chilled.
- Spread on cake and garnish with nuts and fruit of your choice.
If you have leftover cream:
- Use to top fresh fruit, cocoa, or oatmeal
- Mix in chopped fruit and chocolate chips and freeze for a summer treat!